Adult Dual Credits
In collaboration with local postsecondary institutions, the Adult Education Partnership is pleased to offer students the opportunity to participate in Dual Credit Programs. In these programs, students enroll in postsecondary courses, earning dual credits that count towards both their high school diploma and their postsecondary diploma, degree or apprenticeship certification.
Dual Credit Programs can help students move from high school to college and apprenticeship programs. They can help students complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma while customizing their learning with exposure to the college environment.
Through Dual Credit Programs, students can:
- Earn high school credits while studying at a local college or taking apprenticeship training
- Get an opportunity to explore college programs and the college learning environment
- Gain experience to transition to postsecondary education or apprenticeship
- Get a head start on learning and training for their future careers.
Program supports include:
- Costs for transportation and materials
- Assistance with College Application
- Career Counselling
Past Dual Credit courses offered have included:
- Microsoft Office Applications (Dryden)
- Easy Healthy Cooking (Sioux Lookout)
- Workplace Readiness (Sioux Lookout and Dryden)